This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 080 – Link
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- In microwave melt butter and chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the melted butter and chocolate with the sugar until well blended.
- Add the eggs, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa powder and mix thoroughly. Add the flour and mix well.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- If your waffle iron has a pattern of 4 waffles place a large tablespoon of batter in the middle of each square. If pattern of 2 waffles place a tablespoon at the top and bottom of one square and repeat with the other.
- Close cover and cook for approximately 1 ½ – 2 minutes until they are done. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
- When they have cooled, mix together the cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan and stir and cook over low heat until melted and blended.
- Pour glaze onto a plate, and dip each of the waffle cookies gently into the glaze, just trying to cover on the very tops. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, serve and enjoy.