This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 006 – Link
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups (4 ½ ounces) dried apples, diced
- ¾ cup walnuts (3 ounces), toasted and chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces (5 ½ ounces)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (5 ¼ ounces) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (4 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine oatmeal, dried apples, chopped walnuts and toffee pieces, set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture, then add the oatmeal mixture slowly, try not to over mix.
- Store the dough in plastic paper and chill until firm, up to 1 hour.
- Set oven rack in middle position and preheat to 350℉.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes.