This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 005 – Link
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- ½ cup soy milk (or cow milk)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender or food processor blend flax and milk for 30 sec.
- In a large bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate large bowl cream together oil and sugar, add milk mixture, mix well, add vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients in batches. When it starts to get too stiff to mix with a spatula, use your hands until a stiff dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again with your hands.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into 1 ½ inch disc.
- Drop dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes.