Original recipe at: foodnetwork.com
This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 012 – Link
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (heaping) milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons flax seed, crushed in a mortar/pestle
- 2 tablespoons millet, crushed in mortar/pestle
- Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Miniature candy-coated chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixer, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, butter and margarine until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in three batches, mixing gently after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips, flax seed and millet.
- Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Using a kitchen scoop, take one scoop of ice cream and place it onto the flat side of a cookie, then top with second cookie, pressing to allow the ice cream to spread slightly.
- Immediately roll the edges of the cookie in chocolate chips or candies so that the ice cream is coated.
- Wrap individually in plastic and freeze until the ice cream is very firm, at least 4 hours.