Original recipe at: samanthamenzies.com
This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 078 – Link
- ¾ c sugar
- ¾ c dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ lb salted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ c AP flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped hazelnuts
If you don’t own a mixer:
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Beat the butter and sugars together with a whisk.
- Whisk in the vanilla, eggs (one at a time), and the baking soda.
If you do own a mixer:
- Use room temperature butter and beat it in the mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add the sugars and cream them together with the butter, running the mixer for 2-3 minutes at medium speed. Beat in the vanilla, eggs (one at a time), and the baking soda.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the baking powder and flour (Note: For the most accurate measurement of the flour, lightly spoon it from the container into the measuring cup and level off the flour even with the top edge of the measuring cup using the back of a knife. Don’t use the measuring cup to scoop the flour out of the container.)
- Mix till incorporated – the dough will be wet and sticky—then add the hazelnuts and chocolate chips just until mixed.
- Scoop cookie dough and form into a ball about the size of a golf ball. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press down on the balls slightly with your fingers.
- Bake at 350*F for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. The cookies should still be very soft and look under baked. Let them cool on a rack before eating.