This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 011 – Link
- 1 cup cocoa (I like the Ruddy Red)
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ teaspoon good salt (like Kosher or Sea)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into smallish pieces
- 3 eggs – room temperature
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Melt together butter and 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Beat together sugar and eggs on high for 5 minutes, add vanilla extract.
- Let melted chocolate cool a little, then add it to the sugar/egg mixture by slowly dropping bits in and beating it on low for a few minutes until all the melted buttery chocolate has been incorporated.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients (cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, cinnamon) and then slowly fold into the mixture. While it might look very chocolaty right now, you are not done yet as you have to add the remaining cup of chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Spoon drop mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets, leaving space between cookies.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Rotate about halfway through. Cool them and then enjoy.