This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 093 – Link
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag of Andes mint pieces
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture, add Andes mint pieces last and mix in.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Roll in additional sugar. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with a glass.
- Bake until set, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.