This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 025 – Link
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup oats, not quick cook
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan, heat the butter, whisking constantly until browned. Remove the saucepan from heat and continue to whisk for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside and let the butter cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.
- Once the butter has cooled, add the two sugars and vanilla. Whisk until fully incorporated. Add egg and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Let mixture stand 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny.
- Add the flour mixture and combine with hands until a dough forms. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Form dough into 1 ½ inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms are golden brown.