This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 063 – Link
- 1 cup of softened butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 10 oz. bag of chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Mr. Christie Fudgee-O Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large bowl with an electric hand or stand mixer.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Continue mixing until smooth and consistent.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, kosher salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry mix from step 5 to the wet ingredients in the large bowl along with chocolate chips until there are no powdery spots from the dry ingredients.
- Using a soup spoon or cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place it on top of a Fudgee-O Cookie.
- Take another scoop of dough and place it on the bottom of the Fudgee-O Cookie.
- Press the scoops of cookie dough down around the Fudgee-O Cookie, sealing the edges together into one cohesive cookie dough ball that hides the Fudgee-O Cookie, making sure to remember how the Fudgee-O Cookie is oriented in its orb of cookie goodness.
- Place the cookie dough ball containing the Fudgee-O Cookie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat, ensuring that the Fudgee-O Cookie is parallel with the baking sheet’s surface. (Making the cookie dough balls slightly UFO shaped, rather than perfectly spherical helps with orientation.)
- Repeat steps 7-10 until you run out of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack, to avoid having the Fudgee-O Cookies escape.