This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 073 – Link
- 3 eggs
- 350 gram sugar
- 150 ml light-tasting olive oil
- 1 finely cut lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of orange blossom water or more, depending on quality
- 800 gram flour
- Mix eggs and sugar, then add oil and lemon zest, some of the flour, orange blossom water and eventually the rest of the flour.
- Knead thoroughly for 7-8 minutes, dough must not stick to the hands. It will smell like olive oil, but that will fade during the baking process.
- Cover dough airtight and let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg. celsius.
- Roll the dough to little cylinders about the size of a pinky finger. Pinch both ends a little, cut into the “hull” and open the cut a bit, to bring the cookie in a canoe shape.
- Place the cookies on a metal oven sheet in the middle of the oven and put another sheet above to prevent browning from direct heat. Bake for 11-12 minutes until they brown a bit on the bottom and ever so slightly on top.