This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 088 – Link
- 2 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 ¾ up (10 oz) SKOR English Toffee Bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Reserve 1 ½ cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust; top with 1 ½ cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining ½ cup chips over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup toffee bits.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.