This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 017 – Link
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ Cups cinnamon glazed pecans (bought or see recipe below) chopped
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Grease a 12” x 20” pan
- Sift together sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Cut butter in about ½” slices into the flour mixture.
- Work together with a pastry cutter till you get a sandy consistency – don’t worry, you’re not supposed to get a ball of dough.
- Add the chopped pecans and fluff together.
- Pour into the greased pan patting down very firmly all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes, then at 300 for 20 minutes until edges are just browned.
- Let cool COMPLETELY.
- Cut into bars about 2” x 2” with a serrated knife. Make little sandwiches with the raspberry jam.
Cinnamon glazed pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Cups Pecans
- Whisk egg whites with water.
- Add pecans and mix.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle sugar into pecans and mix well.
- Spread on a cooking sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 225 for an hour stirring every 15 minutes.