Original recipe at: http://thegreenecastle.blogspot.com
This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 002 – Link
- 2 ¼ c. unbleached flour
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- ¼ c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (freshly ground is best)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled, and grated or chopped
- 1 tsp ginger preserve or chopped crystallized ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves (freshly ground is best)
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half the flour, and the brown sugar, butter, molasses, egg, soda, gingers, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Beat with electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls.
- Roll each in granulated sugar and place 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° on top rack for 7-10 minutes or until set and tops are crackled.
- Cool on racks. Makes about 3 dozen.