This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 027 – Link
Peanut Butter part
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Chocolate fudge part
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the peanut butter and sugar in a a medium bowl until combined. Then add egg and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients and chocolate chips, slowly mixing until just combined.
- With a small cookie scoop, scoop peanut butter cookie dough into your hand. Now scoop chocolate dough on top and on bottom of peanut butter dough. Press chocolate dough around peanut butter dough (sealing the peanut butter part from the outside) while forming into a cookie shape. Place onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for for about 15 minutes and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.