This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 014 – Link
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ⅔ cup powered baking cocoa tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (two sticks) softened butter
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅔ packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure orange extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugars, vanilla, and orange extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add the Eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour/cocoa mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. (note, you may have to slightly squish the batter if you prefer the cookies to take a flatter shape.)
- Bake for 9-12 minutes depending on the oven or until the cookie centers are set. (protip: it may be best to check at 9 minutes for the first batch and check again each minute after to get the timing correct for the rest of the cookie batches)
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.