Original recipe at: marthastewart.com
This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 043 – Link
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon packed finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- ½ cup fine cornmeal
- 1 medium zucchini, grated on small holes of a box grater (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon zest, and salt.
- Add flour and cornmeal and mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Add zucchini and stir until a thick dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are light golden brown at edges, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Let cool completely on wire racks.