This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 079 – Link
- 12 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups steel cut oats, uncooked
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir flour with baking soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about 6 dozen 2-inch cookies.