This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 009 – Link
- 125 grams butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F)
- Grease and flour a baking tray, or use parchment.
- In a large bowl, soften butter in the microwave and then beat the sugar into it, either with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Add the egg and orange juice and beat the mixture well.
- Add the coconut, flour, baking powder and chocolate. The mixture will be quite wet, so scoop up teaspoonfuls and drop them onto a tray, with enough space for them to spread out a bit.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take them out and let them sit on the tray for a couple of minutes before you move them onto a rack to cool.