This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 022 – Link
- 1 cup of slivered, peeled almonds
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash of Amaretto Disaronno or a capful of almond extract. (latter recommended)
- Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet and let the almonds roast for 10 minutes at 350° – then let cool.
- Put the almonds into a food processor and grind until they are an even meal, no longer individual pieces but lightly sticking together. Don’t let them process too long or they will become almond butter.
- Put the egg white, sugar and Amaretto or almond extract into the food processor and mix for less than a minute.
- Prepare a cookie sheet, and drop spoonfulls one at a time. If the mix seems a little to liquid, add a little flour to the mix and blend it in.
- Bake 20 minutes at 300° or until the cookies are firm.