This cookie was eaten on the podcast in episode 013 – Link
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup white sugar for topping
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and almond extract.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, except rosemary until just blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in a mixture of the remaining ¼ cup of sugar and the rosemary.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies.